Easy Summer Entertaining
Lenny and I host A LOT. We love a crowd and we know how to throw a party. When designing our remodel, our conversation often went to dialogue about multiple seating areas, flow and traffic. We love sharing this home with our community and have learned how to do this with little stress, so we wanted to share a few tips to entertaining a crowd.
1. Easy Prep Menu
Everyone has a few go-to menu items that are crowd pleasers and take little time to prepare. If you don't, here's my summer side that will take you less than 10 minutes...
- boil water for pasta
- while water boils, cut up cherry tomatoes, broccoli, Colby Jack cheese, and pepperoni
- cook corkscrew pasta
- drain and cool with cold water
- add all ingredients in large bowl
- add kraft zesty Italian dressing
- mix and serve
Spend your time on a sides and your money on a pre made main course or vise versa.
2. Paper products
If you're planning for a crowd, skip the china. Plain white heavy duty plates and plastic silverware will do just fine, add your color and fun with cute paper napkins. I find myself collecting packets of paper napkins all year long. We usually do blue mason jars for lemonade or water.
3. Good Flow. Call it OCD or years of event planning... There should be no confusion about the flow through a buffet line or where to go in your home with their meal. Make it clear to your guests.
4. Music. Set the mood with your music choice. Creates a buzz before your party even begins. Favorite Spotify stations; Totally Stress Free & Evening Chill
5. Lighting. Whether in your home or yard.. Create a space that is welcoming and calm. Lenny has installed a dimer on nearly every light switch in our home because this is clearly important to him. Ha!